Tuesday, July 14, 2009

iN2015 Poster

This was my previous design.


My targeted audience was the students of Singapore, namely Primary to Junior College students who are still rather primitive in their learning generally; relying mostly on paper. The purpose of the poster is to inform them that in 2015, learning materials will already be mostly digitised and there is no need to always lug heavy textbooks around to school (especially for primary school students).

Hence, the idea for the poster was that textbooks will just be a click away.

During tutorials, I received comments that certain information is missing and the direction towards which the poster was communicating was unclear. I didn't know how else to communicate the idea better so I decided to just redo it.

Here's my 2nd attempt, which was actually my initial idea.



FINAL PROTOTYPE:




For this poster, I had a picture taken of a student so that it is clear who my target audience is. Then I did a comparison of "then" and "now". "Then" refers to 2009, where students still generally bring many textbooks to school. "Now" refers to the year 2015 whereby by then, learning will already have been largely digitalised.

Textbooks will have been uploaded in a high-tech-hologram-gadget (it is touchscreen), and so all students need to do is to 'click' around with their fingers on the interface and they can access the textbooks, without having to bring the actual heavy textbooks to school! So much lighter! And more convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment